Port Allen Export Terminal Renovation
Port Allen, Louisiana
TIC – The Industrial Company subsidiary, Ibberson, was awarded the contract to design, engineer and construct the primary materials handling systems for corn, wheat, soybeans and milo along with the handing of meals and dried distillers grains with solubles (DDGS).
The facility is capable of operating 24/7 with through output of 5 million MT per year. Product is received by truck, rail and barge. Loadout to 75,000 DWT Panamax ships is possible while working on the Mississippi River with water elevations varying from 5 feet to 40 feet.
Scope of work included:
- Removal of the entire existing river mechanical systems and dock/pile structure
- Installation of seven new slip-formed concrete bins and new shipping dock
- Continuous barge unloading in two lane barge slips
- Three ship loaders
- Grain cleaning
- Electrical and controls package
- Fast-track design-build concept